August 22nd, 2012
AH HA!!!!! I'm updating in a timely fashion!!
So I can finally say that we are officially moving out of the apartment and into a house in November! Why so long? Because it's being built!!! Holy shit, I never thought I would ever be able to say that in my life. I'm so excited to finally have a house of our own! The house is about 10 minutes away from where we live now (we like this area) and only adds the same amount of time onto each of our commutes to work. Not bad!
We are going to Matsuricon for a day this weekend. I'm not even cosplaying- it's kind of a part- want to check out the con/guests and part- an excuse to go shopping in Columbus. I'm really not caring too much about this anime con scene at all. That of course brings me to--
We are going to New York Comic Con/New York Anime Festival in October, which I am really pumped about (the comic con part). Because of all this house stuff going on, I didn't really have too much time to plan out awesome costumes so I will possibly just finish up my Mai Shiranui (King of Fighters) costume (that's a really big POSSIBLY though) but I DO want to make a Poison Ivy costume. I've never been to a comic convention before and I always knew I wanted to make my first costume for that a character from a series that I adore (Batman or Xmen). While Poison Ivy may not be my favorite character now, I loved her back in my pre-teen/teen years so I feel I am doing a service for my past self. :)
Okay, so since last post in which I revealed my new fandom (Game of Thrones and the other books), I've become completely enthralled with a new aspect of a deep rooted fandom of mine. SOOOOOO I finally saw The Dark Knight Rises the other day and while I knew I would LOVE Bane (bad guy-- check..... mask--check.....awesome voice--check), I was COMPLETELY taken by surprise by his back story in this film and made me fall completely in love with a new 'ship. I won't post names or anything for those who are reading this that haven't seen the movie yet but let's just say it fits into my main pattern of falling for the 'ships between the powerful, disfigured, and violent man who loves an innocent and beautiful woman. ALL MY FEELS, you guys!!!
I have problems, yes I know. :)
Current Mood: amused
July 14th, 2012
Great..... I let this thing go 6 months again without updating. I feel terrible about that because I used to love LJ so much and this was the place to be!
- After watching the first season of Game of Thrones, I became obsessed. It's really kind of fun again- it's been so long since I jumped into a new fandom....I like that. :) I'm in the process of reading the books now. Of course, in my own true fashion, I've become infatuated with a character/ship. Sandor Clegane is my current obsession. <3 Based off of that, my current favorite shipping is Sandor/Sansa. I think their relationship is very sweet. Plus.... I am a SUCKER for 'Beauty and the Beast' type pairings.
- If everything goes ok in the upcoming weeks (finanicaly-wise! OH please oh please oh please!!!) .... we will be moving into a house before the year is out! YEA! More on that in the future when details get sorted.
- Haven't been to any cons since Ohayocon.... haven't worked on any costumes. I am going to New York Comic Con in October!! Pumped about that!! No idea what to make for that!!! There's a possibility of going to Matsuricon for like a day next month. I want to go pretty bad..... there's a shit ton of really great guests and it's been awhile since I've been to a con where I can say that. Maybe it will slightly reignite my love of anime cons.
Current Mood: aggravated
February 9th, 2012
Let two months go by again without updating!!! DARRRNNN IT!!!!
What happened since then?
- My sister got married. Congrats to her and all that jazz!
- Christmas was slightly drama-filled and I'm super glad it's over.
- I turned *barf* 30 last month. Ehhhhhh..... that went ok, I guess. My family threw me a slight-surprise dinner for me. It was nice and simple. I didn't want anything nuts for this birthday.
- Ohayocon happened.... for a day. We went down on Saturday and came back Sunday. It was pretty boring and reeeaaaalllllllyyy crowded. I miss the old Ohayocon before it was insane. No more of this con for me. And I mean it this time.
- We have begun house searching! It's been exciting and stressful. Both of us are so anxious to get out of this apartment so every time that we go look at a house and it's not the one, we both get a little disappointed. No worries! I feel it looming on the horizon!
- So cosplay is pretty much on hold until we get this house. I don't know when our next con is (other than a horror convention next month) so there is really no point in making anything right now.
Current Mood: blah
Current Music: Family Guy on t.v.
December 1st, 2011
Oooooh gosh, I let another 4 months go by without updating!
Honestly, I really don't have all that much out of the ordinary to gab about. Anywho, here's what's been going on/what's up for the not too distant future-----
- Summer came and went pretty fast thankfully. I really don't care for summer..... too damn hot for me. I likes the cold weather, baby!
- We had hoped to have moved out of the apartment by October but things didn't work out that way. After Christmas, we are DEFINATELY going to start looking at houses.
- Had our 2 year anniversary last month! That time FLEW!!!!!
- Back to trying to lose weight again. Bleh.
- My sister's bachlorette party is this weekend. I .... guess it will be cool? I planned a trip to Kalahari Water Park, complete with an overnight stay in one of their brand new Entertainment Suites. I hope everything goes ok.... I really don't know most of these girls that are going. Which leads toooooo......
- My sister's wedding is in a few weeks. Holy crap, I will be glad when this stuff is over!
- Going for a night to Ohayocon next month. Yeaa I know, I said I was done with this stuff but a couple of Brad's friends asked if we could split a hotel bill with them. I flat out refused to go the whole weekend because I really REALLY don't want to deal with that crowd from Friday through Sunday. A part of me really doesn't like that I feel that way about anime cons and I really wish that I felt the way I used to about them. I am so disenchanted with them and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't feel like that if we had more friends that were into them. When we first started out on the anime con scene, we had friends that would go with us. Now, those same friends are either too poor to go or have just moved on from that scene. I think I'm burned out from going to the same con every year and there's nothing new to do/no new guests to see. I'd like to maybe see new cons. Maybe when I lose a little weight, I'll be more excited to work on costumes.
Current Mood: blah
Current Music: Family Guy on t.v.
July 23rd, 2011
Quick update in my life----
- Aside from my OWN job and at the risk of sounding realllly cheezzzeyy- I am so blessed right now. Brad's new job has been a complete God-sent. For the first time in like, forEVER, we don't have to worry about money issues like saving properly and not being able to go places or do things. I am so thankful that this opportunity was brought to us. Amazing.
- Slight down side- Brad is working pretty long hours and night shifts on some weeks so I don't get to see him that much during some weeks. It makes our time together special though.:)
- Going to Pittsburgh next week for a U2 concert! Yeeaaaaaaaa!!!!
- Next month, we are heading to Columbus to chill for Brad's birthday (Melting Pot at Easton!!!). We WERE going to head to Matsuricon for a day but Brad is not done with his costume that he wanted to debut and quite frankly, I could give 2 shits about anime cons anymore (other than the dealers room and cosplay).
- Lots of crap going on getting prepared for my sister's wedding shower/wedding. I'm glad mine is history. I almost forgot how disgustingly stressful everything is. ALMOST forgot.
In closing- I sure wish I was at Comic Con right now.
Current Mood: sleepy
May 30th, 2011
Yipes! 4 months since an update!
Not a whole ton has been going on but yet in many ways, there is---
- Brad got a new job. A nicely paying one at that so were are looking to move out of the apartment when our lease is up in October.
- Went to ShinbokuCon for about 10 minutes last month. lol!!! I made a new costume but decided that it was probably going to be too shitty a con to matter... and it was.
- Going to ColossalCon on Saturday. Not really all that excited about that (which makes me sad kinda) but Brad has a friend going and we are always looking for something to do with our weekends now that with his new job, we actually HAVE our weekends!
- Summer is approaching! Unfortunately, Brad does not get a paid vacation for a while so we won't be going anywhere substantial, which is cool. I'd rather us be able to move out. We ARE going to 2 concerts though --- U2 in July in Pittsburgh and then the Night Ranger, Foreigner, and Journey concert in August.
Anyways, I hope to maybe take a couple of weekend get-aways here and there to keep me sane because I do need SOME vacation.
Current Mood: blah
Current Music: Brad playing Halo Reach
January 29th, 2011
I'm done with anime cons.
I am typing this from my apartment. Brad and I left Ohayocon early after I became upset of how crappy a time I was having. We arrived early Friday afternoon and left Friday night. After me dressing up in 1 cosplay and hitting up the dealers room, I just couldn't take it anymore. I feel terrible for making us leave but.... I just can't do it anymore. Brad DID make me feel better after he also, while we were sitting in the hotel lobby waiting for a pizza, looked around at the people around us and said "Yeah. I think it's time for us to get out of this scene."
I still love cosplay and I want to continue THAT hobby but I can't do the anime con scene anymore. I'm going to stick with comic and gaming cons.
Current Mood: discontent
January 21st, 2011
Happy late New Year!
Things have been a little hectic as of late. My grandmother passed away a couple weeks ago and after that, it's mostly been prepping for Ohayocon. I was hoping to to have a brand new costume to bring but during the family stuff going on, there just wasn't any time. The time was spent re-vamping a costume from last year.
In amendment of my previous post, I guess I am bringing 4 damn costumes. I'm only bringing 4 because I MAY want to wear 3 but I'm having a tough time choosing. So my schedule will be---
Friday: Christie (Dead or Alive 4) and if I FEEL like wearing something else that night- Integra (Hellsing) OR C. Viper (Street Fighter)
Saturday: Rose (Street Fighter) and Integra (Hellsing) OR C. Viper (Street Fighter)
I'm hoping it's a good con.
Current Mood: cold
Current Music: "King of Queens" on t.v.
December 1st, 2010
Damn. Long time between posts again. I guess time flies when you're having way too much fun!
Married life is treating me well. Brad and I just celebrated our 1st wedding anniversary last month with a trip to Chicago. Awesome time!! We took the trip with the intention of attending a con called Kollision Con. While we did stay at the same hotel as the con, we decided not to attend which brought me to a small realization---
I think other than Ohayocon, I don't think I really want to go to anime conventions any more. I thought I would be much older before I wanted to call it quits on that but...well.... while I love anime, my interests have sort of become stronger in the gaming and comic book costuming realms. Also, I just can't deal with young anime fans anymore. They are loud, rude, obnoxious and I'm getting too old to deal with that shit. I'll be 30 in a year and dammit, those kids are half my age and annoy the crap out of me. Honestly, I just don't watch that much anime any more and video games have always been more my passion anyway. Plus, the fans in the communities of comics and games are a bit more mature and less friggin' annoying.
With that being said, we are going to start attending comic conventions and hit up Gen Con Indy. As for Ohayocon, I think I'm only bringing 2 costumes because frankly, I don't give a crap about bringing 3+ costumes to this con anymore. I think it's going to be----
Christie (Dead or Alive 4)
Mai Shiranui (King of Fighters)
possibly either Rose OR C. Viper (Street Fighter)
Current Mood: hot
Current Music: Brad playing Halo Reach
June 20th, 2010
Argh! It's been like 3 months since I've updated! I so sowy!
Life has been very good. Married life is grand, I've started working out again, and a busy summer is coming up!
- This Saturday is the Foreigner, Styx, and Kansas concert. While I'M excited about it, this concert is for Brad.
- July 15: Iron Maiden concert! Brad, his buddy, his buddy's brother, my cousin, possibly a friend of ours, and I are going. I hope a good time is had. I'm very pumped about this one!
- July 18: Alice Cooper concert! This one is for me! <3 I've loved Alice for a little over 10 years now and I'm sooo happy that I FINALLY get to see him even if we do have to drive 3 hours!
- August 6: Phantom of the Opera! It's back!! FINALLY!! I was hoping to see it twice but my friend who was planning on seeing it again with me is really dragging his feet about buying tickets so I think I'm only seeing it once. Ah well. Sucks because he promised me.
- August 29: RUSH concert!! Brad and I are driving down to Columbus to see them! I know he really loves me because he reaaalllly didn't want to go to this one but he is. <3
More good stuff is happening later this year like the KAMELOT concert and going to ANIME USA for the first time.
Current Mood: blah
Current Music: Brad playing Halo 3